Where ever you are chances are its HOT! Summer is approaching quicker than ever and who doesn’t need a fast cool down? Homemade pops are so much easier than you expect. Gather fresh summer ingredients and make my favorite Strawberry Cheesecake Pops! Try making it your own with fresh herbs like basil or mint. The summer time possibilities are endless.
1 package of fresh strawberries, washed and hulled (Kitchen Hack: Use a straw to easily hull fresh strawberries)
1 5 oz can evaporated milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
graham cracker crumbs
- In a small saucepan, slowly heat milk and sugar over medium for 2-3 minutes. Set to the side.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese and milk/sugar mixture and stir until smooth. Add in yogurt and vanilla.
- In a blender or food processor, toss in strawberries, water and lemon juice and blend until slightly liquid. Just a few pulses should do.
- Take your Popsicle mold and evenly scoop in the cream cheese mix and top with the strawberry mixture. Take a straw or knife and swirl.
- Top the strawberry mixture with graham cracker crumbs until covered.
- Freeze until solid. Overnight is recommended.