Want to cozy up this holiday season? Do it with an unexpected twist! Ditch your regular mug of hot cocoa and serve up these festive treats. My hot cocoa cupcakes are stuffed with marshmallow and topped with all the hot coco classics. Perfect for a holiday party or fun with the family!
1 box chocolate cake mix ( I recommend Ghirardelli)
regular sized marshmallows
mini chocolate chips
mini candy canes
White or Cream Cheese frosting
- Prepare chocolate cake mix as directed for 12 cupcakes (Use red or green cupcake liners for an added touch).
- When baking is complete, cool for five minutes.
- Using a small melon baller or teaspoon carefully cut a small hole (roughly the size of a quarter and half way deep) in the center of the cupcake.
- Add 1 regular sized marshmallow to the hole and allow to cool completely. The marshmallows will melt a bit.
- In a plastic bag, crush 5 mini candy canes.
- Frost each cupcake with frosting and decorate tops with mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
- Stick one mini candy cane on the side of the cupcake for added decor.